KAKE | Wichita, Kansas | News, Weather, & Sports

Kansas man pleads no contest in infant son's death

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

SALINA, Kan. (AP) — A Salina man pleaded no contest to first-degree murder in the death of his 3-month-old son.

Sentencing for 27-year-old Nicholas Corbin was delayed until an evaluation is conducted at Larned State Hospital.

Desirah Overturf, the mother of Jordan Jeremiah Corbin, pleaded no contest last week to the same charges.

The Salina Journal reports the couple's plea deals include an agreement from prosecutors not to seek a Hard 50 sentence. A conspiracy to commit murder charge and other charges were dropped. Overturf is scheduled to be sentenced Sept. 8.

The baby's autopsy has not been made public. A police affidavit says Overturf told investigators she and Corbin chose not to properly feed the child because they wanted to return to the lives they had before the baby was born.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 264424261 - kake.com/a?a=264424261