KAKE | Wichita, Kansas | News, Weather, & Sports

Improperly disposed fireworks cause house fire in Hutchinson

By: KAKE News Email
By: KAKE News Email

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

Hutchinson, Kan. -- A garage fire caused significant damage to a home in Hutchinson.

It happened around 2 a.m. Saturday, when firefighters were called to 51 Random Road on the report of a fire. Crews found heavy fire when they arrived on scene.

Firefighters were able to bring the fire under control in 20 minutes, but not before the fire caused significant damage. The garage of the home suffered significant damage, but there was heavy heat and smoke damage throughout the home.

The damage is estimated at $60,000 to the home, and $30,000 to the contents. The cause appears to be improperly disposed of fireworks.

The 5 residents of the home were able to escape safely. A firefighter was taken to the hospital for treatment of an unspecified environmental issue.

He has since been treated and released.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 265908341 - kake.com/a?a=265908341