KAKE | Wichita, Kansas | News, Weather, & Sports

Garage damaged in fire sparked by discarded fireworks

By: KAKE News - Email
By: KAKE News - Email
The fire broke out around 11 p.m. Thursday at a home in the 2300 block of Shalimar Drive in Salina.

KSAL News

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

SALINA, Kan. — An attached garage was heavily damaged in a fire last night, sparked by discarded fireworks.

The fire broke out around 11 p.m. Thursday at a home in the 2300 block of Shalimar Drive in Salina. A 15-year-old neighbor told KSAL News that he looked across the street and could see fire in the garage through a window.

He ran across the street and alert the family inside the home. Everyone made it to safety.

Firefighters extinguished the fire, but not before it destroyed the attached garage and a truck parked inside. Other parts of the home also sustained damage.

A battalion chief told KSAL that the family had been shooting fireworks earlier and that when they finished, they put the debris in a box and left it in the garage.

A damage estimate was not yet available.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 265833751 - kake.com/a?a=265833751