Firefighters Contain Blaze At Hutchinson Business

By: KAKE News Email
By: KAKE News Email

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Hutchinson business had to be briefly evacuated after a fire broke out near downtown.

Crews were called to Krause Corp., 305 S. Monroe, around 10:45 a.m. Tuesday. Firefighters arrived to find heavy smoke coming from the building upon arrival.

Officials said a filter under a metal-cutting machine caught fire. About 100 employees evacuated the building due an initial explosion rise.

Firefighters contained the fire to the machinery; the blaze did not cause any structural damage.

Employees are expected to return to the building my early afternoon.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 151567345 - kake.com/a?a=151567345