KAKE | Wichita, Kansas | News, Weather, & Sports

Fire damages home in northeast Wichita

By: KAKE News Email
By: KAKE News Email

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

Wichita, Kan. -- Wichita firefighters were called to the scene of a house fire Tuesday evening in northeast Wichita.

It happened shortly before 9 p.m. near 23rd Street North and Grove. When crews arrived on scene they found heavy smoke and flames coming from the home.

Firefighters were able to quickly knock down the fire. No injuries were reported.

The fire believed to have started with an unattended candle. Damage is estimated at $40,000. The Red Cross was called to the scene to assist the family.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 264507371 - kake.com/a?a=264507371