Fire damages Hutchinson home

By: KAKE News Email
By: KAKE News Email

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

HUTCHINSON, Kan. -- A Hutchinson home was damaged in a fire Friday evening.

Crews were called just before 7:30 p.m. to a home in the 300 block of West 25th Avenue. When they arrived on scene, they found smoke coming from the attic.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze in about 25 minutes. Three people who were inside at the time escaped without injury.

Deputy Fire Chief Doug Hanen said hot coals apparently fell from a grill, starting a grass fire that spread to the home.

One room is being considered a total loss. Damage to the structure and its contents is estimated at $30,000.

“The fire department urges people to be extremely careful with the dry conditions we are experiencing,” Hanen said. “Small fires can turn out to be very costly is not watched carefully.”


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 246675091 - kake.com/a?a=246675091