Monday, October 7, 2013
Before Fire Prevention Week in Wichita was one hour old Monday, a home in north Wichita had caught fire.
Crews were called to the area of 17th and North Minneapolis during the midnight hour.
Captain Rick Bahr said crews put out the flames in only a few minutes. One individual was in the home, but escaped safely.
Investigators have ruled the fire accidental. They believe it started near a couch in an area where there were electrical extension cords and power strips.
Damage is estimated at $25,000 to the structure and $15,000 to contents.