Faulty electric blanket leads to house fire in southeast Wichita

By: KAKE News - Email
By: KAKE News - Email

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

WICHITA, Kan. — Firefighters made quick work of an overnight fire at a home in southeast Wichita.

The fire broke out around 2 a.m. in the 1000 block of South Clifton. Crews arrived on scene to find smoke and flames showing from the rear of the home.

Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire. There were two people in the home when the fire started, but neither was hurt.

Investigators believe the fire is accidental, caused by the malfunction of an electric blanket. Damage is estimated at $20,000 to structure and $10,000 to contents.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 237492221