Benton, Kan. -- No injuries have been reported after a fire inside a home near Benton.
It happened shortly before 6 p.m. at 1944 NW Butler Road. The fire started in the kitchen and spread to other areas of the home.
Crews from Benton, Towanda, Whitewater and Andover responded to the scene and brought the fire under control in about 15 minutes. A woman and her friend, along with the friend's 3-year-old daughter were inside the home at the time of the fire, but were able to escape safely.
The fire appears to have started with a grease fire on the stove. A damage estimate wasn't available at the scene but there is extensive damage inside the home.