UPDATE: Smoke At Grain Elevator Caused By Overheated Motor

By: KAKE News Email
By: KAKE News Email

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

UPDATE: Thursday, April, 25, 2013

Wichita fire officials say smoke at a grain elevator Thursday afternoon on the city's north side was caused by an overheated motor.

Employees saw the smoke around 2:30 p.m. and called 911, officials said.

The incident was quickly brought under control, and no injuries were reported.

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Wichita firefighters are on the scene of a possible grain elevator fire in north Wichita.

Crews responded to the 500 block of East 25th Street North around 2:30 p.m. Upon arrival, smoke was visible in the area.

We have a crew at the scene tracking this story. Check back for updates.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 204729941 - kake.com/a?a=204729941
Gray Television, Inc.