Crews Battle South Wichita House Fire

By: KAKE News Email
By: KAKE News Email

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

Monday, December 3, 2012

Firefighters worked to exinguish a house fire in south Wichita Monday evening. Crews were called to the 1600 block of East Georgia Street around 9 p.m.

Extra precautions were taken, because firefighters reported hearing loud "pops" emanating from the home that sounded like ammunition.

Authorities say the fire, which was quickly brought under control, likely started because of a candle near the Christmas tree.

No one was injured, but one pet did die in the fire.

Damage is estimated at $30,000.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 181942661 - kake.com/a?a=181942661
Gray Television, Inc.