Monday, December 3, 2012
Firefighters worked to exinguish a house fire in south Wichita Monday evening. Crews were called to the 1600 block of East Georgia Street around 9 p.m.
Extra precautions were taken, because firefighters reported hearing loud "pops" emanating from the home that sounded like ammunition.
Authorities say the fire, which was quickly brought under control, likely started because of a candle near the Christmas tree.
No one was injured, but one pet did die in the fire.
Damage is estimated at $30,000.