UPDATE: Child burned by hot water in west Wichita

By: KAKE News - Email
By: KAKE News - Email

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

WICHITA, Kan. — A child has been rushed to a Wichita hospital after being burned by hot water.

It happened just after 4 p.m. Tuesday at a home in the 1500 block of West 2nd Street North. That's about four blocks west of Seneca.

According to police, a woman was cooking pasta on the stove when her six-year-old son reached up for the handle and accidentally knocked the pan onto the the floor. The pot hit the floor and splashed the boy with hot water on his leg below the knee.

He was taken to a local hospital in serious condition, but is being treated and expected to be home by tonight.

This is the second home accident where a Wichita child has been burned in as many days. On Monday, a toddler was rushed to a hospital after being burned in an incident involving a candle and a plastic bottle. More on that story can be found by clicking here.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 270980851 - kake.com/a?a=270980851