March 13, 2013
A boil water advisory has been issued for customers who use the Moline, KS city water supply.
A water main break led to the boil order. Loss of water pressure makes it possible for contaminant to enter supply system.
Effective immediately, customers should observe the following precautions until further notice:
· Boil water for one minute prior to drinking or food preparation, or use bottled water.
· Dispose of ice cubes and do not use ice from a household automatic icemaker.
· Disinfect dishes and other food contact surfaces by immersion for at least one minute in clean tap water that contains one teaspoon of unscented household bleach per gallon of water.
· Water used for bathing does not generally need to be boiled. Supervision of children is necessary while bathing so that water is not ingested. Persons with cuts or severe rashes may wish to consult their physicians.
· If your tap water appears dirty, flush the water lines by letting the water run until it clears.
KDHE urges customers to boil water until further notice.