Apartment suffers heavy damage in fire

By: KAKE News Email
By: KAKE News Email

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

Wichita, Kan. -- No one was hurt after a fire inside an east Wichita apartment.

It happened shortly before 6 p.m. in the 2500 block of East Douglas. When crews arrived on scene they found a fully involved kitchen inside a second floor apartment.

Wichita Fire Battalion Chief Joe Bickel says residents were just moving into their new apartment, when somehow a stove burner was turned on, starting the blaze.

The apartment building was safely evacuated and no one was hurt. Firefighters were able to quickly knock down the fire, which was contained to the kitchen.

A damage estimate was not available at the scene.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 246991411 - kake.com/a?a=246991411