WICHITA -- The Wichita City Council approves a letter of intent for industrial revenue bonds for Bombardier Learjet.
The bonds will not exceed $52.7 million for five years. At Tuesday morning’s city council meeting, Learjet revealed some of those plans will include the following:
• New Learjet 85 Paint Facility
• New Delivery Center
• Production Flight Facility
• Infrastructure improvements
• Flight Test Center Expansion
• Expansion of Buildings 2 and 3 (L85)
• Expansion of Building 5 East (Offices)
• Expansion of Building 5 West (COE)
• Architecture and Engineering services
• LEED Certification
Wichita Vice Mayor Jeff Blubaugh commended Learjet.
"They're not only talking about growing their buildings and their infrastructure, but the 450 jobs and how many hundreds of tier-one and tier-two suppliers that those jobs contribute to," he said.
From 1996 to 2013, the City Council has authorized about $133.7 million in Industrial Revenue Bonds to Bombardier Learjet.