Heavy rain and flooding is possible across parts of KAKEland during the day Wednesday.
Keep it with the KAKE First Alert Forecasters for the latest weather information.
Jennifer Hogan took the day off Monday to deal with lines at the DMV to get Kansas tags. Now she is glad she did. Had she waited until Tuesday the cost for her car title would be $2 more. She says when it comes time to get her tags next year; she'll bring a few extra dollars with her. Along with that new law, if you are 21 or over the cost to renew your license goes up $6.
Also starting in July:
· A new law adds new fees to your utility bill to cover the cost of protecting power plants and other operations form terrorist attacks.
· Retailers who ship merchandise will now have to collect sales taxes from where the product is received.
· If you're caught driving drunk judges will now be able to impound the car you are driving for up to a year, even if it is not your car.
· Another law will also add $3 to the exam fee for a new drivers license.
· If you are a male between 16 and 25, when you get a license you will automatically be signed up for the draft.
But some new laws can actually save you money:
· If you owe back taxes you can avoid penalties and interest if you pay between October and November.
· Laid off workers who use up their regular benefits before next June will get an extra two weeks of benefits.