Heading back to work and finding the right day care for your child. Here are five tips to help you out.
- While you're at the daycare, observe and interview the caregivers.
- Find out about each child care facility's regulatory history of inspections.
- Talk to parents whose children attend the child care facilities.
- Make sure the provider's care meets your standards.
- Once you place your child in care, stay involved and continue to ask questions.
The best thing that worked for me is word of mouth from people I trust and who already send their kids to that daycare.
I also talk with the parents of the other kids going there. I ask them what's their favorite thing about the daycare and their least favorite thing about the daycare.
Then you can see if it's just petty things or if there are big issues to worry about.