Strong to severe thunderstorms are possible across parts of KAKEland on Wednesday.
Keep it with the KAKE First Alert Forecasters for the latest weather information.
Tuesday, July 16, 2013
Two kids are in police protective custody for unsanitary living conditions after responding to a call involving a child who drank bleach.
Yesterday, paramedics were called to a Wichita home near 3rd and Grove after a two-year-old girl mistakenly drank from a cup of bleach that was sitting next to a cup of water.
Paramedics on scene became concerned for other children after they saw feces in the home, along with several bugs and realized there was no running water. Police responded and determined that the living conditions were unsafe and unsanitary.
After the child was treated and released from the hospital, she along with a one-year-old boy were taken into protective custody.
Police are investigating, but say their focus is to help the family.