Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Two men have been taken to an area hospital after being burned in a workplace accident at a north Wichita business.
Around 9:30 Wednesday morning, EMS and fire crews were called to report of electrical workers being shocked at Horizon Milling, located at 715 E. 13th.
When paramedics arrived, they found two patients suffering from respiratory burns and other burns to the face and hands. Both men, a 33-year-old and 41-year-old, have been taken to an area hospital in serious condition.
According to fire investigators, four employees of Creek Electric were contracted to work on an electrical panel at Horizon. During their work, something caused the panel to arc and burned two of them.
The incident remains under investigation.