The Butler County Health Department and Dillon Stores will host free FluMist immunization clinics at Dillon Stores in Andover, Augusta, and El Dorado on Saturday January 24 and Saturday January 31, 2009.
FluMist is a nasal mist that provides protection from influenza similar to a "flu shot." Free FluMist will be available from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm in the store to those who are eligible.
To receive FluMist, individuals must:
* Be over the age of 2, but less than 50 years old.
* Be in relative good health; not on medicine that weakens the immune system.
* Have not received other live vaccines in the previous 30 days; like MMR or Varicella (chickenpox).
* Not have an allergy to any component of the vaccine (eggs, egg proteins, gentamicin, gelatin, or arginine).
* Not have frequent wheezing or asthma. (Very mild asthma or occasional wheezing may be OK. FluMist can trigger wheezing or an asthma attack in some people.)
* Complete a consent form available at the clinic.
* Receive and review the Vaccine Information Statement (VIS), which will be available at the clinic.