KAKE - Health - Headlines

10 Treated For Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

By: KAKE News Email
By: KAKE News Email

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

UPDATE: St. Catherine's Hospital officials in Garden City said ten people treated for carbon-monoxide poisoning are recovering. Seven children and one adult were released early Tuesday morning. Two other adults are said to be in good condition, and may be released later today.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 people in Garden City are taken to area hospitals suffering from carbon-monoxide poisoning.

Garden City police said three adults and seven children are being treated. All are expected to recover.

They said at least one of the people had been feeling ill and
suffering fainting spells for the last couple of days. But no one
alerted authorities until everyone in the single-family house
became sick.

Police said a family friend repaired the house's roof and installed the flue incorrectly.

Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas that can cause
dizziness, convulsions and death. Carbon-monoxide poisoning is more
common in the winter by poorly ventilated gas-burning heaters and
kitchen stoves.

  • The Associated Press contributed to this report.


  • Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
    powered by Disqus
    KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
    Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 36184344 - kake.com/a?a=36184344