5 Tablespoons butter
1 each onion, chopped
2 lbs. peeled, seeded, half-inch pieces butternut squash
1 quart Chicken Stock/Broth
1 pinch of ground nutmeg (first)
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 pinch of ground nutmeg (second)
1. Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add onions and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Add chicken stock and first pinch of nutmeg.
4. Cover and simmer until squash is tender, about 20 minutes.
5. Working batches, puree soup in blender until smooth.
6. Return to same pan and stir in cream.
7. Bring soup to simmer. Simmer with salt and pepper and additional pinch of nutmeg.