Susan's Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies - October 25, 2007
"Cooking with KAKE" - Recipe of the Week
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Butter-Flavored Shortening
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 3 Medium Ripe Bananas, mashed
- 2 Cups Quick-Cooking Oats
- 1 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- In a large bowl, cream sugar, shortening, eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cloves and cinnamon; add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in bananas, oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded teaspoonful onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Immediately remove cookies to wire rack to cool.
Yields: About 4 Dozen Cookies