Salmon with Carolina Crab Stuffing - September 28, 2007
"Cooking with KAKE" - Recipe of the Week
- 4 Center Cut Salmon Fillets
- 1 Cup Sparkling Wine or Chardonnay
- 4 Oz. Butter or Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper or Mrs. Dash Vegetable Seasoning
- 16 Large Cooked Shrimp
- 2 Tsp. Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 1/2 Tsp. Dry Mustard
- 1 Tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tsp. Mayonnaise
- 1 Tsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Pound Cooked Carolina Crab Meat/Lump
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Breadcrumbs, more as needed
- 1 Tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- 3 Tbls. Roasted Red Pepper, minced
- 1 Tsp. Capers
- Combine all ingredients into a small bowl and fold, but being careful just to incorporate and not break up the crab.
- In a saute skillet heat the butter until foaming taking care not to burn.
- Season Salmon Fillet and pan sear on each side until done, about 7-8 minutes.
- remove to a plate and add the wine to the skillet and reduce to 1/2 cup.
- Place a generous portion of crab mixture on each fillet topped with three shrimp.
- Pour wine reduction over salmon and serve.