Makes: 30 bars
Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
3/4 cup (1½ sticks) butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup strawberry, raspberry or apricot jam
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, blend butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla. With an electric mixer on low speed, add flour and baking powder; mix well.
3. Place dough on a lightly floured board and divide it into 4 equal parts. Shape each part into a roll approximately 12 inches long and 3/4 inches thick.
4. Place rolls on an ungreased cookie sheet about 4 inches apart and 2 inches from edge of the pan. Using a wooden spoon handle, make a lengthwise depression in center of each roll, about 1/4-inch to 1/3-inch deep, lengthwise. Fill depressions with jam.
5. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. While still warm, cut diagonally into 3/4-inch slices.