Yields: 24 rollups
Chilling Time: 2 hours
Cooking Time: 10 min
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 egg yolk
1 cup sugar, divided
24 slices white sandwich bread, crusts removed
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, egg yolk, and 1/4 cup sugar until smooth; set aside.
2. Roll out each bread slice with a rolling pin. Spread cheese mixture over bread, distributing evenly. Roll up each slice jellyroll-style and place seam-side down on a baking sheet.
3. In a shallow dish, combine remaining 3/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Brush butter over rollups then roll them in the cinnamon-sugar mixture, until completely coated. Repeat with remaining rollups, placing them on the baking sheet after coating.
4. Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours.
5. Just before serving, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake rollups 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden.