Prep Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
1 (4- to 5-pound) boneless beef rib eye roast
5 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons dry mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/3 cup currant jelly
1/2 cup currant jelly
1/2 cup Burgundy wine
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray. Place roast in pan.
2. In a small bowl, combine garlic, mustard, salt and pepper; mix well then rub over meat. Roast for 1 hour.
3. Brush 1/3 cup currant jelly over meat; roast 20 to 30 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted in center registers 150 degrees F. for medium-rare or until desired doneness.
4. Remove roast to a cutting board and allow to sit 10 to 15 minutes before carving across the grain.
5. Meanwhile, make Currant Sauce by melting 1/2 cup currant jelly in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in wine, cornstarch, and mustard. Bring to a boil and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Serve over roast.