Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:
This recipe comes courtesy of Sara from Budget Savvy Diva who says, "This is the perfect dish if you want a meal that is extremely yummy, but you do not want to be stuck in the kitchen. You and your family will love it!"
Preparation Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 4 hr 15 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast
- 1 (19-ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- Zest of 1/2 a lime
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (15-ounce) can refried beans or black beans, warmed
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
What To Do:
- In a slow cooker, combine chicken, enchilada sauce, bouillon cubes, lime zest, and cumin; cook on low about 4 hours. Shred chicken and mix into the sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Place beans in the middle of a tortilla, then add the chicken mixture. Fold and place into casserole dish. Repeat process until you've filled the desired number of tortillas.
- Pour the remaining sauce and chicken mixture over the enchiladas.Top with cheese and bake for about 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.