Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:
Who would guess that beer is the secret ingredient to making our Jalapeno Cheese Bites and you, the toast of the town! These change of pace spicy bite-sized appetizers are sure to wake up sleepy taste buds!
Makes: about 2 dozen
Cooking Time: 10 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup reduced-fat all-purpose baking mix
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoon chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 tablespoon chopped mild jalapeno peppers (from a 12-ounce jar)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup light beer
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except the beer; mix well. Stir in beer and let sit 5 minutes.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 7 to 10 minutes, or until golden. Serve hot.
Note: These bites are perfect for company, so why not make up a batch or two ahead of time so you can simply rewarm them in a 200 degree F oven before serving.