Makes: 18 cake pops
Preparation Time:10 min
Chilling Time: 35 min
•1 (16-ounce) store-bought frozen pound cake, thawed
•18 plastic forks
•1 (16-ounce) can vanilla frosting
• Assorted food colors
• Assorted candy for decorating
1.Place pound cake on work surface. Trim to straighten ends then cut into 9 1-inch-thick slices. Cut two circles from each slice, using a 2-inch round cookie cutter or the rim of a small glass. Repeat with remaining slices to make 18 circles.
2.Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Carefully insert tines of a plastic fork into one side of each cake circle and place them on baking sheet. Freeze 15 minutes.
3.Place frosting in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave, stopping to stir frequently, until it has the texture of lightly whipped cream, about 10 seconds. Remove cake pops from freezer. Dip each pop in melted frosting to cover, allowing excess frosting to drip back into bowl, then return to baking sheet. Refrigerate until frosting is set, about 20 minutes.
4.Using assorted candies, food colors, (and your imagination), decorate any way you like.
Here are some great decorating ideas to get you started:
• Divide the frosting into separate microwaveable bowls and tint with different food colors to make different color pops.
• Use assorted small candies to decorate the pops.
• Doughnut holes make great sports balls which can be decorated according to the sport.
• Rice cereal treats can be shaped into cubes, dipped in frosting, and decorated with mini M & M’s to make dice.
• Don’t throw out the pound cake scraps. Use them to make a layered dessert like a trifle!