Our Test Kitchen uses a convenient pantry staple as its secret ingredient for these melt-in-your-mouth Farmstyle Sweet Potato Biscuits. Don't miss this tasty bread basket recipe for company or for anytime.
Cooking Time: 10 min
What You'll Need:
- 2 1/2 cups pancake and baking mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 2 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 (16-ounce) can yams/sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter 2 tablespoon light brown sugar
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine pancake and baking mix, milk, 1/4 cup butter, 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, and yams. Stir until soft dough forms. Knead dough with hands until well mixed. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto a baking sheet.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, combine TOPPING ingredients. Microwave 15 to 20 seconds, or until butter is melted. Brush mixture on top of each biscuit.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm.