Need a little comfort that only "Mom" can provide? Well, you're
sure to feel and taste lots of TLC in each spoonful of our Test
Kitchen's classic soothing Mom's Chicken Soup.
Cooking Time: 1 hr 45 min
What You'll Need:
• 1 (3- to 4-pound) chicken, cut into quarters
• 4 quarts water
• 3 carrots, cut into chunks
• 3 celery stalks, cut into chunks
• 2 onions, cut into chunks
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• Chicken base or bouillon cubes to taste, optional
What To Do:
1. Rinse chicken under cold running water. Place all
ingredients except chicken base (or bouillon cubes) in a
soup pot over medium-high heat; bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to low and simmer until chicken meat falls off
the bones, about 1-1/2 hours. Cool slightly, then separate
chicken from bones, discarding bones. Return chicken
pieces to soup. Add chicken base or bouillon cubes and stir
until completely dissolved.