10 lbs. Oxtails, disjointed
2 lbs. Mirepoix, coarse chop
2 gal. Beef stock
5 lbs. Tomatoes, chopped
1 ea. Standard Sachet d'Epices
2 egg whites
8 oz. Water
2 T. Vinegar
2 t. Salt, to taste
2 lbs. Celery, small dice, cooked
2 lbs. Carrots, small dice, cooked
2 lbs. Turnips, small dice, cooked
4 oz. Sherry wine, dry
1. Brown the oxtails.
2. Add mirepois and cook until the vegetables are tender.
3. Add stock, tomatoes and sachet d'epices. Simmer until oxtails are tender.
4. Strain liquid and cool. Remove meat from oxtails and cut into small dice.
5. Whisk egg whites, vinegar and salt together.
6. Degrease liquid and whisk the egg white mixture in.
7. Bring to a simmer and strain through a double cheesecloth.
8. Add garnish ingredients. Heat thoroughly.
9. Stir in sherry and season with salt to taste.