Porch Fire Forces Family Out of Home

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

A northeast Wichita family is out of their home this morning after it caught fire overnight.

Wichita Fire Marshal Ed Bricknell said a neighbor came home shortly before 3 a.m. in the 1700 Blk. of N. Harding and saw his neighbor's back porch on fire.

The neighbor called 911 and made sure the family inside the home got out safely. All five residents were not hurt.

Bricknell said the owner of the house was cooking with a grill earlier in the evening, when it tipped onto the porch and caught it on fire. The fire was limited to the porch. The blaze caused $10,000 in damages.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 33497659 - kake.com/a?a=33497659