December 10, 2012
Christmas is a special time of year and a time when most people surround themselves with their family. However, some people are separated from their families by distance, death, or broken relationships. With any of these situations, Christmas can feel lonely. It may stir up feelings of grief.
Here are some tips to help you out from femalenetwork.com:
No matter what your situation is, it is important to not isolate yourself at this time of year no matter if you're a man or woman.
1. Go to a christmas party, volunteer with a charity, and ask around to see if others are also celebrating Christmas without their family.
2. There will be time for building new relationships, but for now, just surround yourself with people. It won't create the loving atmosphere of family, but it may give you hope that you can build a new family where you are.
3. One very important thing to do is to not be afraid to ask for help.
4. If things get really bad for you, remember that there are a number of suicide hotlines around the country. You can talk to someone caring and safe who will help you make it through this difficult time.
5. Don't give up hope. The holidays can bring joy, but they can also bring up some extremely painful emotions. Know that it is not worth it to hurt yourself. There are people out there who you can love and will love you.
Another great website to check out for fun and educational parenting information is momseveryday.com.