Chimney Fire Causes $10,000 Damage

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

UPDATE: A poorly maintained fireplace and chimney is to blame for a Monday morning house fire, fire investigators said.

Crews were dispatched to the 1200 block of S. Amelia, near Kellogg and Maize, shortly after 5 a.m. Firefighters found flames and smoke coming out of the chimney, but quickly doused the blaze in about 10 minutes.

Ed Bricknell, Wichita Fire Marshal, advises people should have fireplaces and chimneys inspected yearly by a professional.

The fire caused about $10,000 in damage.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Residents were woken up early this morning when a house fire broke in west Wichita.

The fire started shortly after 5 a.m. in the 1200 Blk. of S. Emelia. When fire crews arrived, they saw smoke coming from the roof. Flames were later discovered in the attic.

The fire was extinguished about 10 minutes later.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 38318264 - kake.com/a?a=38318264
Gray Television, Inc.