June 3, 2011
The Kansas Humane Society has 12 dogs and cats available for adoption that are survivors of the late May Oklahoma tornado. Animal Rescue Corps transported these pets to KHS late last week from the Guthrie Animal Shelter in Guthrie, Oklahoma, after their facilities were destroyed in one of the tornadoes that ripped through the state on Tuesday, May 24.
The group of pets range in age, breed and size and are in good physical and mental condition. Both dogs and cats personalities range from bashful to busy bee and will do best with patient adopters willing to work with them as they transition into a home environment.
The pets, available starting this Friday, June 3, are:
· Joe, 3 year old Jack Russell Terrier mix
· Tina, 2 year old Terrier mix
· Snickers, 9 month old Flat Coated Retriever mix
· Yellow, 3 year old Shepherd mix
· Heather, 6 year old Shih Tzu mix
· Buttercup, 1 year old Pomeranian
· Thistle, a deaf 2 year old Labrador Retriever mix
· Hershey, 1 year old Shepherd mix
· Nina & Reading, 3 month old Chow mix puppies
· Tandy, 2 year old sable and white medium haired cat
· Kippy, 1 year old brown tabby cat
· Zippy, 3 year old grey cat·
Timba, 6 year old black and white cat (would do best as a barn cat)
A litter of kittens from Guthrie are currently in KHS foster care and will be available later this month.
Anyone interested in adopting these pets from the Kansas Humane Society are invited to visit our facility at 3313 N. Hillside.