Fire Causes $160,000 Damage To TV Repair Shop

By: Lily Wu - Email
By: Lily Wu - Email

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

Friday, November 19, 2010

Wichita fire crews called to the scene of the A-1 Pawnee Radio and TV building fire at the intersection of Pawnee and Minneapolis early Friday morning.

"It's just hard to believe it's still smoldering since 2:30 this morning. I'm so sorry for the people that lost this," said David Reid, a bicyclist that rides around the neighborhood every week.

When crews arrived they found thick black smoke coming from A-1 Pawnee Video and TV around 2:30 in the morning. When they entered the building they found flames inside.

The fire was so intense involving plastics from burning televisions the
crews had to fight the fire defensively from the outside. Firefighters were still putting out hot spots Friday afternoon.

"We'll probably be here most of the day. Due to the debris and amount of debris in the fire, we're unable to get in and clean it up. So we're just going to monitor it and make sure no more hot spots flare up," said Lt. Rocky Bumgarner, Wichita firefighter.

The fire caused $60,000 damage to the building and $100,000 to the contents. Investigators said they may never know how the fire started due to the extent of the damage.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 109161629 - kake.com/a?a=109161629