Friday, January 8, 2010
Just after 9 a.m. Friday, an apparent flash fire burned a patient at the Kingman Community Hospital.
A hospital spokeswoman tells KAKE that the patient was in one of the operating suites when the fire suddenly flared and then quickly extinguished.
The patient was then transported to a Wichita hospital for treatment. Tje patient is listed in fair condition. No one else was injured and there is no damage to the hospital.
The hospital is now investigating what happened. There will be no surgeries until the investigation is complete.