UPDATE: Monday, September 17, 2012
A French court says it will decide on Tuesday whether to order an injunction halting further publication of topless photos of Prince William's wife Kate.
The royal request was made after a popular French gossip magazine printed 14 pictures of the partially-clad Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge, in its pages last week.
The decision came after an hour of arguments by lawyers for the royal couple and Mondadori, the Italian publishing house that owns Closer, the French magazine.
The British royals were seeking damage control. An Italian gossip magazine also in the Mondadori stable published a 26-page spread of photos of Kate without her swimsuit top and an Irish tabloid published more Kate topless photos over the weekend.
Monday, September 17, 2012
Lawyers for Britain's royal family will make a criminal complaint against the photographer who took pictures of Prince William's wife Kate sunbathing topless in the south of France.
William's office says the couple's lawyers will file the complaint with French prosecutors on Monday against the unknown photographer or photographers.
The palace says it will be up to prosecutors to decide whether to investigate and pursue the complaint.
Last week France's Closer magazine published paparazzi snaps of Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge, sunbathing topless during a holiday in Provence.
The couple's lawyers are suing Closer's publisher Mondadori in a bid to prevent further publication of the pictures.
Mondadori also owns Italy's Chi magazine, which says it will publish 26 pages of the images on Monday.