Disney Says JJ Abrams To Direct Next 'Star Wars'

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

Saturday, January 26, 2013

It's official. The force is with J.J. Abrams.

The Walt Disney Co. issued a statement Friday night confirming reports that had been circulating for two days that Abrams, creator of TV's "Lost" and director of 2009's "Star Trek" movie, has been pegged to direct the seventh installment of the "Star Wars" franchise.

Disney said the movie will have a script from "Toy Story 3" writer Michael Arndt and a 2015 release.

Lawrence Kasdan, who wrote two of the movies in the original trilogy, will work as a consultant on the new project.

Disney bought "Star Wars" maker Lucasfilm last month for $4.06 billion.

"Star Wars" creator George Lucas said in the statement that Abrams is the "ideal choice" of director and his legacy "couldn't be in better hands."


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 188481751 - kake.com/a?a=188481751