- No purchase is necessary.
- You must be at least eighteen (18) and a legal resident of Kansas at the time of entry to submit an application.
- Program is subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited by law. By entering, Applicants agree to these Official Rules.
- Up to twelve (12) schools may be selected as Grant Recipients per year during the term of this Program.
- Each school may receive no more than one (1) Grant Award.
- Applicants must be a legal guardian, a parent(s) or a teacher of a student at a Kansas elementary, school within the KAKE-TV, Wichita, KS, viewing area. Grant Award is subject to the acceptance of the Grant Award by the school awarded such Grant Award.
- The geographic scope of this program is the State of Kansas. Sponsors of this Program are Lockwood Broadcast Group d/b/a KAKE-TV and EMC Insurance Companies.
- Likelihood of a Grant Applicant’s application being selected is subject to the evaluation of the application by KAKE-TV in accordance with these Official Rules.
- Description of Grant Awards: Up to twelve (10) Grant Awards will be awarded during this program. Each Grant Recipient who accepts the Grant will receive from EMC Insurance Companies a $1,000 check payable to the Grant Recipient School
- All federal, state and other taxes relating to any Award is the sole responsibility of the Grant Recipient.
- Awards are not transferable, substitutable, or exchangeable. If any of the applicants or grant recipients fail to meet any eligibility requirement herein, alternate applicants or grant recipients will be chosen as soon as reasonably practicable after initial applicants and grant recipients are determined to be ineligible. Alternate applicants and grant recipients are subject to all eligibility requirements and restrictions of these Official Rules.
- No purchase necessary.
- All Grant Applicants must be eighteen (18) years old, a legal guardian, a parent(s) or a teacher of a student at a Kansas elementary school within the KAKE-TV, Wichita, KS, viewing area and legal residents of Kansas at the time of application.
- Employees of KAKE-TV, KUPK-TV, KLBY-TV and EMC Insurance Companies and of the affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, suppliers, franchisees, promoters, and agents of any of these, and the immediate families of the employees of any of these, are not eligible to submit applications.
- for the grant, go to www.kake.com or mail to EMC-KAKE Reading Caravan, 1500 N. West St. Wichita, KS 67203 and provide the following information: (1) original, creative essay on why the elementary school or elementary school class you are associated with should receive the $1,000 grant award for the READ WITH ME program and then provide your (2) first name, (3) last name, (4) address, (5) telephone number, (6) birth date, (7) Relationship to School, (8) Teacher's Name, if applicable, (9) School name and address, and (10) School contact person. For a school to be eligible to win the grant each month, one (1) Grant Award will be chosen by KAKE-TV judges on the second Friday of each month from the applications in possession of KAKE-TV by 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time on the same date. Applicants who fail to provide the required information will not be notified by KAKE-TV.
- The judge(s) will base their decisions on originality, creativity, and the need at the school for the Grant Award. Decisions of the judge(s) are final in all matters pertaining to the EMC-KAKE Reading Caravan essay. KAKE-TV reserves the right to withdraw the Program or make changes at any time. KAKE-TV in its sole discretion shall name any and all judges.
- If a Grant Applicant's essay is selected by the judge(s), the applicant will be contacted by KAKE-TV in accordance with the information supplied to KAKE-TV. The Grant Applicant's information may be verified over the telephone at the time and the selected Grant Applicant will be asked to come to KAKE-TV, 1500 N. West St., Wichita, Kansas 67203, where each selected Grant Applicant must provide KAKE-TV a valid identification and execute an affidavit of eligibility. Valid identification includes a valid driver's license or other valid picture ID showing name and address. Faxes will not be accepted. KAKE-TV will verify that the Grant Applicant selected is associated with the grant recipient by contacting the Grant Recipient in accordance with the information you supplied to KAKE-TV. You may also be required to sign other legal documents, including a release supplied by KAKE-TV, which, among other disclaimers, releases KAKE-TV, Lockwood Broadcast Group and a range of subsidiaries, directors, agents, agencies, affiliates, franchisees, promoters, officers, directors, employees and related persons from any and all liability related to this Program. The information contained on the Grant Application and the essay becomes the property of KAKE-TV. Verified Grant Recipient will be sent a $1,000 check payable to the Grant Recipient should the Grant Recipient accept the Award. If KAKE-TV is unable to speak directly to a selected Grant Applicant or a Grant Recipient within five (5) days from initial attempted notifications, KAKE-TV in its sole discretion may disqualify such parties and select an alternate Grant Applicant or Grant Recipient or remove the award from the Program.
- KAKE-TV, Lockwood Broadcast Group, their affiliates, subsidiaries or agencies will not be responsible for the inability to select a Grant Applicant' s essay because of postal failure, equipment failure, or data storage failure.
- All federal, state and local laws apply. Sponsors shall be entitled to interpret these rules as needed — including but not limited to rules regarding applications, essays, selection of grant recipient, deadlines, restrictions on awards, and eligibility — and all of their decisions are final. By entering, applicants and grant recipients agree to these Official Rules. KAKE-TV reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend this Program or any part of this Program should any non-authorized intervention, network failure, information storage failure, telecommunications failure, malfunction, or other causes beyond its control, corrupt or impair the security, administration, fairness and/or operation of this Program as determined by KAKE-TV in its sole discretion. KAKE-TV and Lockwood Broadcast Group are not responsible for lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, or for any failed telephone or computer hardware or software, or for any failed, delayed, misdirected, corrupted, or garbled transmissions or errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, or for entries that for any reason are not received by KAKE-TV by the deadline stated above. KAKE-TV and Lockwood Broadcast Group are also not responsible for any injury or damage to any computer, modem or other electrical device as a result of participation in this Program or downloading of any software or materials.