Severe Thunderstorm WATCH in effect for:
Kassebaum supports Democrat Kelly in Kansas governor's race
Former U.S. Sen. Nancy Kassebaum, a longtime Republican star in Kansas, is endorsing Democratic nominee Laura Kelly rather than Republican Kris Kobach in the state's gubernatorial election.
Kobach aims to drive out migrants living in Kansas illegally
Republican Kris Kobach says Kansas is spending $377 million a year on benefits for immigrants living in the state illegally, and he promises to put a stop to it if he's elected governor.
Board keeps Kobach in Kansas governor's race
An all-Republican state board has rejected a liberal activist's challenge to Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach appearing on the November ballot as the GOP nominee for governor.
Kansas House candidate charged with election perjury
Adam Thomas, a Republican candidate in the 26th District House race, was charged Thursday.
What's the value of political endorsements?
Many voters say it takes a lot more to change their vote than the say-so of someone they've never met. And the experts say that's a common sentiment.
Estes, Thompson square off in first public forum
About 80 miles West of Wichita, Pratt is on the western edge of the 4th Congressional District. Thursday night, the two men running for the seat took part in their first public debate: Ron Estes, the Republican incumbent and James Thompson, the Democratic challenger facing off yet again.
Kansas independent Orman will stay on the ballot
A state board in Kansas is keeping independent candidate Greg Orman on the ballot in the governor's race.
Orman says he can get Kansas Republican votes
Independent gubernatorial candidate Greg Orman says many Kansas Republicans view their party's nominee, Kris Kobach, as not only extreme, but incompetent and corrupt.
Kobach widens lead in Kansas GOP primary
Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach has slightly widened his lead over Gov. Jeff Colyer in the state's Republican primary for governor.
Kansas GOP governor candidates dig in for long ballot fight
Secretary of State Kris Kobach leads Gov. Jeff Colyer by a mere 110 votes out of more than 313,000 cast.
Colyer won't start general election campaign for governor
Kansas Gov. Jeff Colyer says he will wait until the results of the GOP primary race for governor are final before he begins a campaign for the general election.
Kansas' most populous county fumbles 2nd major election
The Johnson County votes were pivotal to a close and high profile Republican race for governor that still has not been called.
Unofficial results: Kobach leads Colyer in tight GOP governor's race
With election officials in Kansas halting the vote count Wednesday morning, Secretary of State Kris Kobach leads Gov. Jeff Colyer by 191 votes. It could be a few days before all absentee votes are counted.
Kansas Primary Election Results
Here are the latest primary election results for August 7, 2018.
Thompson wins 4th District Democratic primary
The Wichita Democrat advances to a November matchup with Republican Rep. Ron Estes.
Laura Kelly wins Democratic nomination for governor
State Sen. Laura Kelly of Topeka defeated former Wichita Mayor Carl Brewer, former Kansas Agriculture Secretary Joshua Svaty and two other candidates Tuesday.
Marshall wins Kansas GOP congressional primary
U.S. Rep. Roger Marshall has won the Republican primary in the sprawling rural 1st District of western and central Kansas.
Kobach: Governor should unify GOP if he loses
Kobach was Colyer's most serious challenger in a seven-person race Tuesday for the Republican nomination for governor. President Donald Trump tweeted his endorsement of Kobach on Monday.
Voters head to the polls for Kansas primary
Some voters arriving first thing in the morning to vote said they could not wait to be able to have their say into the governor's race, which has several candidates vying for office.
President Trump's tweet could tip Kansas GOP governor primary
Kansas Gov. Jeff Colyer spent months bolstering his credentials in the Republican primary for governor but it may not be enough after President Donald Trump tweeted his backing for Kris Kobach.
Orman submits petitions for spot in Kansas governor's race
Kansas City-area businessman Greg Orman has submitted petitions with more than 10,000 signatures to get on the November ballot as an independent candidate for Kansas governor.
President Trump endorses Kris Kobach in GOP primary for Kansas governor
President Donald Trump is endorsing controversial Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach in that state's GOP gubernatorial primary.
Kansas governor candidate hopes to find support among women
Sen. Laura Kelly is hoping women will support her at the polls Tuesday. It will be the Democrats' first primary for governor in Kansas in two decades.
Newcomer faces Republican backlash in Kansas 2nd House race
The backlash against candidate Steve Watkins has intensified as Tuesday's election approaches in the 2nd District of eastern Kansas.
Governor says Kobach should personally pay for contempt fine
Kansas Gov. Jeff Colyer says Secretary of State Kris Kobach should pay out of his own pocket the more than $26,000 in sanctions imposed by a federal judge for his "contemptuous behavior" in a voting rights case.
Report: Kobach benefited from advising on immigration
An investigation by the Kansas City Star and ProPublica has found that Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach's anti-immigration work for small cities across the nation cost them millions for lengthy legal campaigns while powering his political rise.
Freshman Rep. Marshall endorses Watkins in Kansas 2nd race
Freshman Kansas Rep. Roger Marshall has stepped into the race in a neighboring congressional district by endorsing political newcomer Steve Watkins for the GOP nomination.
Lawmaker leads Democrats in governor fundraising
Campaign finance records show that in the Democratic race, Sen. Laura Kelly of Topeka raised almost $573,000 in cash contributions from Jan. 1 through Thursday.
Early voting open for Kansas primary
Advance voting is underway across Kansas for the August 7 primary.
Bob Dole endorses Colyer in GOP primary for Kansas governor
Former presidential candidate and U.S. Senate Majority Leader Bob Dole has endorsed Kansas Gov. Jeff Colyer in the state's Republican primary.
ACLU attacks may help Kobach win GOP nod for Kansas governor
Attacks on Kris Kobach by the American Civil Liberties Union in the Kansas governor's race are giving the in-your-face conservative a message to hammer home in the Republican primary.
- President Donald Trump has weighed in on one of the most watched House races in this year's election to endorse Republican Assemblyman Jay Webber over Democrat Mikie Sherrill.President Donald Trump has weighed in on one of the most watched House races in this year's election to endorse Republican Assemblyman Jay Webber over Democrat Mikie Sherrill.
- A judge will decide whether a former top aide to Gov. Andrew Cuomo receives leniency or a long prison sentence for his conviction on federal bribery and fraud charges.A judge will decide whether a former top aide to Gov. Andrew Cuomo receives leniency or a long prison sentence for his conviction on federal bribery and fraud charges.
- Demonstrators have congregated in a Senate office building to protest Republicans' handling of the sexual-assault accusation against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.Demonstrators have congregated in a Senate office building to protest Republicans' handling of the sexual-assault accusation against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.
- Republicans warn that time is running out for Kavanaugh's accuser to tell Congress about her allegation.Republicans warn that time is running out for Kavanaugh's accuser to tell Congress about her allegation.
- Hawaii Sen. Mazie Hirono steps into the spotlight as she has unexpectedly become one of the most outspoken senators in Christine Blasey Ford's defense.Hawaii Sen. Mazie Hirono steps into the spotlight as she has unexpectedly become one of the most outspoken senators in Christine Blasey Ford's defense.
- President Donald Trump's former personal lawyer claims to be providing "critical information" in the special counsel's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.President Donald Trump's former personal lawyer claims to be providing "critical information" in the special counsel's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.
- Democratic Rep. Jacky Rosen is criticizing Nevada Sen. Dean Heller, her Republican opponent in November's Senate race, over Heller's reported comments on controversial Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.Democratic Rep. Jacky Rosen is criticizing Nevada Sen. Dean Heller, her Republican opponent in November's Senate race, over Heller's reported comments on controversial Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.
- In Missouri, Democrat Claire McCaskill faces a double challenge as she campaigns for re-election in a state easily won by Trump.In Missouri, Democrat Claire McCaskill faces a double challenge as she campaigns for re-election in a state easily won by Trump.
- The White House Blue Room is getting a new old look in the fall following a furniture restoration project.The White House Blue Room is getting a new old look in the fall following a furniture restoration project.
- In suburban congressional districts critical to House control, allegations against Judge Brett Kavanaugh reverberate among Democratic and Republican women.In suburban congressional districts critical to House control, allegations against Judge Brett Kavanaugh reverberate among Democratic and Republican women.
- On the final day of their summit, the Korean leaders are visiting a volcano considered sacred in the North.On the final day of their summit, the Korean leaders are visiting a volcano considered sacred in the North.
Most Popular Stories
Cargill recalls ground beef due to E. coli outbreak that has killed 1, sickened 17
According to the Food and Safety Inspection service, the products may be infected with E. coli. The outbreak began in mid-August.
5-year-old ejected when mom distracted by cell phone flips truck on highway
California troopers say a mother was distracted by her cellphone when she rolled her pickup, ejecting her 5-year-old son.
Wichita man guilty in rape, attempted murder of young girl
A jury on Thursday found Corbin Breitenbach guilty of attempted capital murder, rape, aggravated criminal sodomy and aggravated burglary.
Historic Joyland property set to be auctioned off
From above, the once vibrant and busy Joyland amusement park looks desolate and unrecognizable. "I think just about everybody you interact with has a Joyland story,” CEO of McCurdy Auction, Braden McCurdy said. McCurdy Auction will be offering the 57-acre property, near I-135 and Hillside, to the highest bidder. "It'll be interesting to see where it goes. This is rare to find this much acreage right on highway visibility and frontage. Really, you have main artery st...
Law enforcement standing watch over slain deputy
From the moment Deputy Robert Kunze left the scene of the shooting, a member of the Sheriff's Office Honor Guard has been by his side.
Case dismissed vs. mom charged after taking daughter’s phone
Charges have been dismissed against a western Michigan woman who faced possible jail time after taking away a cellphone from her 15-year-old daughter as punishment.
2 stabbed at southeast Wichita home
Sgt. Brian Hightower said officers arrived to find two men in their 30s who had been stabbed during an altercation.
6-month-old attacked by dog while getting diaper changed
A California family says their 6-month-old baby is lucky to be alive after suffered severe injuries in a dog attack.
Former Kansas music teacher arrested in child sex case
The 65-year-old was booked into the Shawnee County Jail on suspicion of sexual exploitation of a child. He was identified through jail records as Gerald Boster.
Rape suspect arrested after ramming patrol cars, Hutchinson police say
Hutchinson police have arrested a rape suspect who allegedly rammed two patrol cars during an incident at a local gas station.