New Kansas law would let you vote anywhere in your county on Election Day
"The benefit for voters is that you're going to have much more flexibility, you're not tied to that one specific polling location on Election Day," said Tabitha Lehman, Sedgwick County Election Commissioner. The governor signed into law a 21st Century method of voting in Kansas on Tuesday morning. Will your county take advantage of this new option? "I think anything that brings us into the modern age is great," said Ryan Henry, a Wichita area voter. ...
Kelly hopes to thwart Kansas adoption law seen as anti-LGBT
Gov.-elect Laura Kelly said she will have her staff review how far the state can go to avoid enforcing the law.
Laura Kelly elected Kansas governor, defeating Kris Kobach
Kelly’s victory, projected by CNN and ABC News is seen as a repudiation of former Gov. Sam Brownback’s fiscal management and the divisive rhetoric of President Trump
LGBT Native American Democrat wins Kansas race
Four-term Kansas Rep. Kevin Yoder has been defeated by LGBT Native American Democrat Sharice Davids. Davids excited voters and Democratic donors with her unusual profile.
GOP Rep. Marshall re-elected in western Kansas
Marshall easily prevailed in Tuesday's election over Democrat Alan LaPolice in the 1st District. The district covers the western two-thirds of Kansas and is among the safest for the GOP in the nation.
Kansas Election Results
Here are the latest election results for November 6, 2018.
Republican Estes wins full term in Congress
Estes defeated Democrat James Thompson in a heavily Republican district that President Donald Trump won with 60 percent of the vote in 2016.
Unofficial results: Kobach leads Colyer in tight GOP governor's race
With election officials in Kansas halting the vote count Wednesday morning, Secretary of State Kris Kobach leads Gov. Jeff Colyer by 191 votes. It could be a few days before all absentee votes are counted.
Thompson wins 4th District Democratic primary
The Wichita Democrat advances to a November matchup with Republican Rep. Ron Estes.
Laura Kelly wins Democratic nomination for governor
State Sen. Laura Kelly of Topeka defeated former Wichita Mayor Carl Brewer, former Kansas Agriculture Secretary Joshua Svaty and two other candidates Tuesday.
Marshall wins Kansas GOP congressional primary
U.S. Rep. Roger Marshall has won the Republican primary in the sprawling rural 1st District of western and central Kansas.
Kobach: Governor should unify GOP if he loses
Kobach was Colyer's most serious challenger in a seven-person race Tuesday for the Republican nomination for governor. President Donald Trump tweeted his endorsement of Kobach on Monday.
Voters head to the polls for Kansas primary
Some voters arriving first thing in the morning to vote said they could not wait to be able to have their say into the governor's race, which has several candidates vying for office.
President Trump's tweet could tip Kansas GOP governor primary
Kansas Gov. Jeff Colyer spent months bolstering his credentials in the Republican primary for governor but it may not be enough after President Donald Trump tweeted his backing for Kris Kobach.
Orman submits petitions for spot in Kansas governor's race
Kansas City-area businessman Greg Orman has submitted petitions with more than 10,000 signatures to get on the November ballot as an independent candidate for Kansas governor.
President Trump endorses Kris Kobach in GOP primary for Kansas governor
President Donald Trump is endorsing controversial Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach in that state's GOP gubernatorial primary.
Kansas governor candidate hopes to find support among women
Sen. Laura Kelly is hoping women will support her at the polls Tuesday. It will be the Democrats' first primary for governor in Kansas in two decades.
Newcomer faces Republican backlash in Kansas 2nd House race
The backlash against candidate Steve Watkins has intensified as Tuesday's election approaches in the 2nd District of eastern Kansas.
Governor says Kobach should personally pay for contempt fine
Kansas Gov. Jeff Colyer says Secretary of State Kris Kobach should pay out of his own pocket the more than $26,000 in sanctions imposed by a federal judge for his "contemptuous behavior" in a voting rights case.
Report: Kobach benefited from advising on immigration
An investigation by the Kansas City Star and ProPublica has found that Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach's anti-immigration work for small cities across the nation cost them millions for lengthy legal campaigns while powering his political rise.
Freshman Rep. Marshall endorses Watkins in Kansas 2nd race
Freshman Kansas Rep. Roger Marshall has stepped into the race in a neighboring congressional district by endorsing political newcomer Steve Watkins for the GOP nomination.
Lawmaker leads Democrats in governor fundraising
Campaign finance records show that in the Democratic race, Sen. Laura Kelly of Topeka raised almost $573,000 in cash contributions from Jan. 1 through Thursday.
Early voting open for Kansas primary
Advance voting is underway across Kansas for the August 7 primary.
Bob Dole endorses Colyer in GOP primary for Kansas governor
Former presidential candidate and U.S. Senate Majority Leader Bob Dole has endorsed Kansas Gov. Jeff Colyer in the state's Republican primary.
ACLU attacks may help Kobach win GOP nod for Kansas governor
Attacks on Kris Kobach by the American Civil Liberties Union in the Kansas governor's race are giving the in-your-face conservative a message to hammer home in the Republican primary.
- Election officials say voters in Egypt approved constitutional amendments allowing President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi to remain in power until 2030.Election officials say voters in Egypt approved constitutional amendments allowing President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi to remain in power until 2030.
- Pete Buttigieg is suddenly the hottest ticket for Democratic donors in the 2020 presidential contest.Pete Buttigieg is suddenly the hottest ticket for Democratic donors in the 2020 presidential contest.
- Many white Democratic presidential candidates are speaking more candidly about systemic racism and white privilege.Many white Democratic presidential candidates are speaking more candidly about systemic racism and white privilege.
- Additional writings on gender issues heighten scrutiny of Stephen Moore, Trump pick for the Fed.Additional writings on gender issues heighten scrutiny of Stephen Moore, Trump pick for the Fed.
- President Donald Trump says he had a 'great meeting' with Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, just hours after bashing the company profusely.President Donald Trump says he had a 'great meeting' with Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, just hours after bashing the company profusely.
- Democratic presidential candidate Julián Castro returns to Texas this week lagging in polls and money raised in a crowded 2020 field.Democratic presidential candidate Julián Castro returns to Texas this week lagging in polls and money raised in a crowded 2020 field.
- The largest fire fighters union is preparing this week to endorse Joe Biden's expected bid for the presidency.The largest fire fighters union is preparing this week to endorse Joe Biden's expected bid for the presidency.
- Supreme Court to hear arguments over the Trump administration's plan to ask about citizenship on the 2020 census.Supreme Court to hear arguments over the Trump administration's plan to ask about citizenship on the 2020 census.
- U.S. officials say two American soldiers in a remote area of Texas were confronted by Mexican soldiers who thought they had crossed into Mexico.U.S. officials say two American soldiers in a remote area of Texas were confronted by Mexican soldiers who thought they had crossed into Mexico.
- Struggle over House Democrats' investigations intensifies as a former White House official defies a subpoena, Treasury Department doesn't provide tax returns.Struggle over House Democrats' investigations intensifies as a former White House official defies a subpoena, Treasury Department doesn't provide tax returns.
- The Supreme Court is grappling with a Wisconsin law similar to many nationwide that allows law enforcement to draw blood without a warrant from suspected drunken drivers who have become unconscious.The Supreme Court is grappling with a Wisconsin law similar to many nationwide that allows law enforcement to draw blood without a warrant from suspected drunken drivers who have become unconscious.
Most Popular Stories
Wichita's Splash Aqua Park set to open in May
Splash Aqua Park is set to open in south Wichita in May.
Man asks widow eating alone to join him and his friends: 'This woman changed my outlook on life'
A man noticed that a woman was sitting alone at an Alabama restaurant, so he invited her to eat with him and his friends — not knowing that the widow would have been celebrating her 60th anniversary the next day.
Boy thrown from Mall of America balcony has 'zero brain damage,' his pastor says
A 5-year-old boy who was thrown from a third-floor balcony at the Mall of America earlier this month shows no signs of brain damage, according to a church pastor.
Police: Dad shot 2-year-old son in the face with shotgun during fight with boy's mom
Prosecutors say a man intentionally shot and wounded his 2-year-old son in the face during a fight with the boy’s mother in southern Michigan.
Missing in Kansas: Body of Quinten Rouch found in Oklahoma
Human remains found in north-central Oklahoma have been identified as missing Kansas man Quinten Rouch.
Kansas zookeeper recovering after tiger attack in Topeka zoo
The Topeka Zoo has released the identity of the zookeeper injured after a Sumatran Tiger, named Sanjiv, attacked her inside an exhibit last week. Kristyn Hayden-Ortega is still recovering in a Topeka hospital.
Burglar tries taking beer, cigarettes, snacks
Wichita Police arrest a man in connection to a burglary call this morning.
Wichita police: 8 vehicles stolen from Avis Car Rental
Officer Kevin Wheeler said that someone stole the drop-off key box from the Avis Car Rental at 8335 East Kellogg on Sunday night.
Quilled in the line of duty: K-9 cop punctured by porcupine in search for suspect
A sheriff's K-9 was punctured by hundreds of porcupine quills while pursuing a suspect in Oregon over the weekend.
BBQ food truck faces backlash for 'LGBTQ' T-shirts
A Kentucky food truck is selling a T-shirt that says "I support LGBTQ -- liberty, guns, Bible, Trump, BBQ." Jamie Smith, owner of Belle's Smokin' BBQ, drew criticism after he posted a photo of the T-shirt on social media.