Kelly hopes to thwart Kansas adoption law seen as anti-LGBT
Gov.-elect Laura Kelly said she will have her staff review how far the state can go to avoid enforcing the law.
Laura Kelly elected Kansas governor, defeating Kris Kobach
Kelly’s victory, projected by CNN and ABC News is seen as a repudiation of former Gov. Sam Brownback’s fiscal management and the divisive rhetoric of President Trump
LGBT Native American Democrat wins Kansas race
Four-term Kansas Rep. Kevin Yoder has been defeated by LGBT Native American Democrat Sharice Davids. Davids excited voters and Democratic donors with her unusual profile.
GOP Rep. Marshall re-elected in western Kansas
Marshall easily prevailed in Tuesday's election over Democrat Alan LaPolice in the 1st District. The district covers the western two-thirds of Kansas and is among the safest for the GOP in the nation.
Kansas Election Results
Here are the latest election results for November 6, 2018.
Republican Estes wins full term in Congress
Estes defeated Democrat James Thompson in a heavily Republican district that President Donald Trump won with 60 percent of the vote in 2016.
Unofficial results: Kobach leads Colyer in tight GOP governor's race
With election officials in Kansas halting the vote count Wednesday morning, Secretary of State Kris Kobach leads Gov. Jeff Colyer by 191 votes. It could be a few days before all absentee votes are counted.
Thompson wins 4th District Democratic primary
The Wichita Democrat advances to a November matchup with Republican Rep. Ron Estes.
Laura Kelly wins Democratic nomination for governor
State Sen. Laura Kelly of Topeka defeated former Wichita Mayor Carl Brewer, former Kansas Agriculture Secretary Joshua Svaty and two other candidates Tuesday.
Marshall wins Kansas GOP congressional primary
U.S. Rep. Roger Marshall has won the Republican primary in the sprawling rural 1st District of western and central Kansas.
Kobach: Governor should unify GOP if he loses
Kobach was Colyer's most serious challenger in a seven-person race Tuesday for the Republican nomination for governor. President Donald Trump tweeted his endorsement of Kobach on Monday.
Voters head to the polls for Kansas primary
Some voters arriving first thing in the morning to vote said they could not wait to be able to have their say into the governor's race, which has several candidates vying for office.
President Trump's tweet could tip Kansas GOP governor primary
Kansas Gov. Jeff Colyer spent months bolstering his credentials in the Republican primary for governor but it may not be enough after President Donald Trump tweeted his backing for Kris Kobach.
Orman submits petitions for spot in Kansas governor's race
Kansas City-area businessman Greg Orman has submitted petitions with more than 10,000 signatures to get on the November ballot as an independent candidate for Kansas governor.
President Trump endorses Kris Kobach in GOP primary for Kansas governor
President Donald Trump is endorsing controversial Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach in that state's GOP gubernatorial primary.
Kansas governor candidate hopes to find support among women
Sen. Laura Kelly is hoping women will support her at the polls Tuesday. It will be the Democrats' first primary for governor in Kansas in two decades.
Newcomer faces Republican backlash in Kansas 2nd House race
The backlash against candidate Steve Watkins has intensified as Tuesday's election approaches in the 2nd District of eastern Kansas.
Governor says Kobach should personally pay for contempt fine
Kansas Gov. Jeff Colyer says Secretary of State Kris Kobach should pay out of his own pocket the more than $26,000 in sanctions imposed by a federal judge for his "contemptuous behavior" in a voting rights case.
Report: Kobach benefited from advising on immigration
An investigation by the Kansas City Star and ProPublica has found that Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach's anti-immigration work for small cities across the nation cost them millions for lengthy legal campaigns while powering his political rise.
Freshman Rep. Marshall endorses Watkins in Kansas 2nd race
Freshman Kansas Rep. Roger Marshall has stepped into the race in a neighboring congressional district by endorsing political newcomer Steve Watkins for the GOP nomination.
Lawmaker leads Democrats in governor fundraising
Campaign finance records show that in the Democratic race, Sen. Laura Kelly of Topeka raised almost $573,000 in cash contributions from Jan. 1 through Thursday.
Early voting open for Kansas primary
Advance voting is underway across Kansas for the August 7 primary.
Bob Dole endorses Colyer in GOP primary for Kansas governor
Former presidential candidate and U.S. Senate Majority Leader Bob Dole has endorsed Kansas Gov. Jeff Colyer in the state's Republican primary.
ACLU attacks may help Kobach win GOP nod for Kansas governor
Attacks on Kris Kobach by the American Civil Liberties Union in the Kansas governor's race are giving the in-your-face conservative a message to hammer home in the Republican primary.
- The House Judiciary Committee is set to launch its probe into the market dominance of Silicon Valley's biggest names.The House Judiciary Committee is set to launch its probe into the market dominance of Silicon Valley's biggest names.
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection service says images of travelers _ which it presumably collected at points of entry _ have been exposed in a malicious cyberattack that compromised a subcontractor's computer...U.S. Customs and Border Protection service says images of travelers _ which it presumably collected at points of entry _ have been exposed in a malicious cyberattack that compromised a subcontractor's computer network.
- The Justice Department says nearly 1,700 people have been arrested following a two-month crackdown aimed at targeting suspected child predators.The Justice Department says nearly 1,700 people have been arrested following a two-month crackdown aimed at targeting suspected child predators.
- Comedian Jon Stewart is scolding Congress for failing to ensure that a victims' compensation fund set up after the 9/11 attacks never runs out of money.Comedian Jon Stewart is scolding Congress for failing to ensure that a victims' compensation fund set up after the 9/11 attacks never runs out of money.
- NBC announces that Lester Holt and four colleagues will moderate the first debate of 2020 Democratic presidential contenders.NBC announces that Lester Holt and four colleagues will moderate the first debate of 2020 Democratic presidential contenders.
- Scientists working to save children from devastating birth defects are feeling the chill of the Trump administration's new crackdown on fetal tissue research.Scientists working to save children from devastating birth defects are feeling the chill of the Trump administration's new crackdown on fetal tissue research.
- Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden plans to use his visit to Iowa to criticize President Donald Trump's economic policy as hurting voters who helped elect him.Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden plans to use his visit to Iowa to criticize President Donald Trump's economic policy as hurting voters who helped elect him.
- A resolution being voted on in the House would make it easier for Democrats to sue President Donald Trump's administration and other potential witnesses who refuse to comply with subpoenas.A resolution being voted on in the House would make it easier for Democrats to sue President Donald Trump's administration and other potential witnesses who refuse to comply with subpoenas.
- Virginia's highly charged legislative primary elections are being closely watched as a possible political barometer for 2020 presidential election year.Virginia's highly charged legislative primary elections are being closely watched as a possible political barometer for 2020 presidential election year.
- After months of jabbing from afar, President Donald Trump and Democrat Joe Biden will overlap Tuesday in Iowa, critical to both of their political futures.After months of jabbing from afar, President Donald Trump and Democrat Joe Biden will overlap Tuesday in Iowa, critical to both of their political futures.
- The United States government has formally submitted an extradition request to the United Kingdom for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.The United States government has formally submitted an extradition request to the United Kingdom for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.
Most Popular Stories
2-year-old Wichita girl found safe, woman arrested
A little girl is found safe after concern for her safety Sunday night.
Topeka police apologize for 'hurtful' Father's Day tweet
The Topeka Police Department is apologizing for a Father's Day tweet that was meant to be a joke.
Hutchinson man searching for Good Samaritan who saved his house
A Hutchinson man is on a mission. He wants to find, and personally thank, the total stranger who saved his house, after the fence caught fire and was spreading. Full of gratitude...Noel Gates looks at his house through different eyes after receiving a call that almost changed everything. "There's fire trucks and ambulances in front of the house. And I'm like it can't be my house. Like I said it's never you. They called back about 20 minutes later and said yeah your ...
Parts of I-235 closing this weekend
4-year-old boy takes great-grandpa's SUV during morning rush hour to get candy
A 4-year-old boy craving some candy was somehow able to hop into his great-grandfather’s SUV and make a mile-and-a-half trek during the morning rush hour in suburban Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Lawmakers introduce bill to make adoption more affordable for families
The bill introduced Monday would make the current adoption tax credit fully refundable, Missouri Republican Roy Blunt said.
Wichita police arrest woman for DUI, assaulting officers after chase
Wichita police say they have arrested a 36-year-old woman who led officers on a chase and rammed a patrol car over the weekend.
Woman lying in road with critical injuries was likely hit by car, Wichita police say
Wichita police say a 36-year-old woman who was found in the middle of the road early Saturday morning was likely hit by a vehicle.
Police: Woman shoved dog into lake, watched it drown
A New Hampshire woman faces an animal cruelty charge after pushing her 11-year-old dog into a lake and watching it drown.
Another American tourist died in her hotel room in the Dominican Republic, resort says
Another US tourist has died in the Dominican Republic, bringing to eight the number of Americans to die in the country over the past year. Leyla Cox, 53, died June 10 in her hotel room.