December 6, 2013
Arctic air has arrived in KAKEland and will stick around for the next several days. High temps will be in the 20s for much of the area.
Keep it with the KAKE First Alert Forecasters for the latest weather information.
- The Wichita State students say Mandela's influence has been a major piece of their lives.
- A Goddard High School student was left behind for hours while on a field trip Wednesday morning.
- Flames were shooting from the home in the 800 block of SE Bellview Ave. when fire crews got there shortly after 6:00 p.m.
- Gophers are invading golf courses, zoo grounds, street medians, pretty much wherever they can tunnel looking for food and trying to avoid Bill Murray.
- Nelson Mandela, the former South African president whose stubborn defiance survived 27 years in prison and led to the dismantling of the country's racist and brutal apartheid system, has died. Mandela was 95 years old.
- A Sedgwick County judge has sentenced a man to more than 23 years in prison for killing his wife last year.